Monday 4 July 2016

Proposal

For my three minute wonder i am going to be focusing on skateboarding and the public's views of skateboarders in today's society. I have a huge interest in skateboarding and have been part of the hobby for like 7 years so i think that basing my documentary on skateboarding will be a good idea considering the amount of information i know on the sport and will be able to base my own opinions to my views on skateboarding.

My film will be an expository documentary as my presence will not be in the film as it will just show on screen questions with a range of different people answering them on camera. My primary demographic will range from 13-55+ year old's, i will interview teens and adults to hopefully alter their opinions on skateboarders. The aim of my documentary is to prove that skaters aren't what they are stereotyped to be and how they are just ordinary individuals causing no harm whatsoever.

I will be filming outside of the Rec Skate park in Gorleston as that is a suitable environment for my documentary. I will also capture footage of people skating at the skate park so i can involve little cuts in the film. I won't need to travel far and it will cost nothing due to the skate park being dead opposite my college. I will be filming the whole production and i will get friends, both skaters and non skaters to answer questions and hopefully be able to involve public if they accept to be on camera.


In my documentary i will be asking questions such as:
  • Do you believe that skateboarding is a good way to interact with new people? Please provide a reason to your answer. 
  • Are there enough skate parks within accessible distance, if not then why should more be added? 
  • What are your general thoughts of skateboarders/skateboarding? 
  • Would skateboarders be thought of differently if there were more people involved in the sport? 
  • Would you recommend skateboarding to other people (If you skate)
I won't be needing any props for my production but i will be hiring out a Canon EOS 700D camera from the AV room at my college, along with the camera i will get a tripod for nice steady shots and a microphone to prevent high wind sounds. Skateboards will be used in my documentary but my friends already have their own so nothing will have to be bought. My budget for the production is £0 i don't need to purchase anything as the equipment i need is easily accessible to hire from East Norfolk Sixth Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment